A hands-on massage can play a crucial role in alleviating muscular aches and pains. Similarly, a good massage chair is designed to provide various degrees of pain relief and relaxation. But there are benefits of the use of a massage chair that a hands-on massage can’t compare with:
- With busy schedules, it can be difficult to book a hands-on appointment. At Hands Off Massage, no appointment is necessary. WALK-INS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.
- Many people are not fond of being touched by an unfamiliar person, as hands-on massages are. The staff at Hands Off Massage are here to get you started. We’ll set your individualized program, do a brief check-in with you to make sure your having a positive experience, then from there we leave you to have an undisturbed Massage Chair experience.
- You tell us how much time you’d like in the Chair. We have increments of 10, 20, 30, and 60 minute massages.
Massage chairs not only reduce aches and pains, but assist in relaxation and stress reduction. The use of massage chairs has a positive impact, not only on the physical aspects of the body, but the mental health, as well.
There are other wonderful benefits of the use of massage chairs, including these top five:
- Aligns the spine and reduces pressure on nerves: A reclining chair reduces pressure on the spine by supporting the back in a horizontal position. Major nerves run through the vertebrae to the extremities of the body, including hands, feet, fingers, and toes. Tension in the spine or misaligned vertebrae can compress nerves. When the muscles that support the vertebrae are given the opportunity to relax, the spine lengthens and the vertebrae resume their natural alignment. When pinched nerves are freed from pressure, nerve impulses communicate normally through the spine to the extremities.
- Relaxes muscles and helps maintain good posture: Massage chairs target specific muscles and use several kinds of strokes to relieve pain. As muscles relax, imbalances are corrected. Relaxed muscles allow the body to move with increased performance. A natural tendency to diminish pain is to compensate by using other muscles groups. This places excessive stress on over-worked muscle groups. After a session in a massage chair, many people feel their posture and balance have improved.
- Relieves stress: Stress not only effect’s one’s mental health, it has physiological implications on physical health. Stress can cause sleep disturbances, decreased appetite, and high blood pressure. Reducing stress lowers levels of cortisol in the bloodstream, which helps control blood pressure.
- Improves circulation: Increased circulation stimulates healing. Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to cells and organs and gets rid of toxins. Constricted, tense muscles can diminish blood flow. By relaxing muscles, blood flows more readily to tissues and organs. The Mayo Clinic has conducted studies, which suggest the immune system is boosted by massage.
- Stimulates the body’s secretion of endorphins: Endorphins are neurotransmitters that help to reduce the perception of pain and lessen the effects of stress. Endorphins create feelings of well-being and enhance immune response. Research has shown that massage produces emission of endorphins.